Thursday, July 31, 2014

Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management in Canada

Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management in Canada

Build on your education and life experience with the Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management.

Business specialists such as human resource managers, marketing professionals, accountants, and entrepreneurs are among Canada’s top 10 highest paid personnel. The tourism sector may soon become the number one industry in BC; it already offers the most employment opportunities. There are currently 115,000 direct tourism jobs in BC.

You'll Benefit From

The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the ever-changing and competitive business world in Canada, specifically the hospitality industry. The second year includes core business courses in the areas of Accounting, Management, Marketing and Economics, and takes place at the Campus.


First year courses include

·         Hospitality Marketing
·         Convention, Sales, and Catering Service
·         Accommodation Management
·         Cost controls
·         Hospitality HR Management
·         Hospitality Law

Second year courses include

·         Project Management
·         E-commerce
·         Financial Accounting
·         Multicultural Management
·         Business Policy
·         Developing a Business Plan
·         Managerial Accounting

Paid Work Term

The Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management includes a paid 4-month work term from May-August. Students will be given the opportunity to interview for positions in the hospitality industry either locally, in larger cities, or in resort areas.The work term is a required component of the Post Graduate Diploma.

Admission Requirements

Applicants must meet the following Post-Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management requirements.


·    International applicants must have completed a minimum of a 2-year diploma or Bachelor’s degree from a recognized English speaking post-secondary institution.
      English 12 with a grade of C+ or higher, or IELTS 6.5 overall band score, or equivalent on other internationally recognized English Language Proficiency Tests.  Learn more about the accepted international language test scores.
      Foundations of Math 12 or Pre-calculus 11 with a grade of “C+” or better or equivalent.  Applicants who cannot demonstrate Math prerequisites can upgrade their math skills during the first semester of the Post Graduate Diploma.  All applicants will be required to take an assessment test, which will be used to assess an applicant’s math skills and to determine what upgrading courses are required.
      Principles of Math 12 and at least one Science 11 are recommended.

Early Entry

·    Applicants who lack the admission requirements may still gain admission to the program through a multi-level entry system which allows students to take a combination of business and upgrading courses in the first year.
      This mode of entry may extend the duration of the program accordingly as not all courses are offered every term.

Part-Time Study

Part time students may be admitted to classes where space permits.  However, only full-time students are eligible for Co-op work term experiences.
Subject to space limitations and prerequisites, students who wish to take fewer than the maximum number of courses in any semester may do so.

Calendar Year:              2014/2015
Tuition:                           $8,950.00
Learning Resource:         $179.26
Student Union:               $144.70
Student Activity:             $57.36
Health & Dental:             $327.76

Year 1

Course of Studies

Course         Name                                                          Credit
RHOT 150    Tourism: An Industry Perspective                          3
          Total 3

Semester 1

Course        Name                                                                 Credit

RHOT 159    Business Communication                                     3
RHOT 162    Supervisory Food and Beverage Service                 3
RHOT 250    Hospitality Marketing I                                       3
RHOT 259    Business Communications II                                3
RHOT 270    Convention, Sales and Catering Services               3
      Total 15

Semester 2

Course        Name                                                                 Credit

RHOT 153    Organizational Leadership for the Resort Industry 3
RHOT 161    Accommodations                                              4
RHOT 164    Food and Beverage Cost Controls                       3
RHOT 254    Hospitality Human Resources Management          3
RHOT 272    Hospitality Law                                                3
     Total 16

Semester 3

Course        Name                                                                 Credit

RHOT 171    Work Term                                                     0
     Total  0

Course Descriptions

RHOT 150 - Tourism: An Industry Perspective
RHOT 159 - Business Communication
RHOT 162 - Supervisory Food and Beverage Service
RHOT 250 - Hospitality Marketing I
RHOT 259 - Business Communications II
RHOT 270 - Convention, Sales and Catering Services
RHOT 153 - Organizational Leadership for the Resort Industry
RHOT 161 - Accommodations
RHOT 164 - Food and Beverage Cost Controls
RHOT 254 - Hospitality Human Resources Management
RHOT 272 - Hospitality Law
RHOT 171 - Work Term

Introduction to Canada Immigration (FAQ)

Introduction to Canada Immigration (FAQ)

1. What is a Canada Immigration Visa?
A Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa is a document which allows a person to live and work anywhere in Canada, and confers upon that person Permanent Resident status. It comes with certain responsibilities and may be revoked if the holder does not meet Canadian residency obligations, or is found guilty of serious criminal activity. A person who is a Canadian Permanent Resident may apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years.

2. How is a Work Permit different from a Canada Immigration Visa?
A Work Permit allows an eligible individual to reside and work in Canada for a limited period of time, and restrictions are sometimes placed on the type of employment which can be pursued. It will not, by itself, lead to Canadian Permanent Residency, but can be a stepping stone to achieving this status. By contrast, a Canada Immigration Visa entitles its holder to live and work anywhere in Canada, enjoy many of the privileges of Canadian Citizenship, apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years and sponsor family members for Canadian Permanent Resident status.

3. Can I apply for Permanent Resident status and Temporary status at the same time?
You can apply for Permanent Resident status and Temporary status at the same time. Canadian Immigration policy recognizes the concept of dual intent.

4. Is my current immigration status relevant for Canadian Immigration purposes?
Yes and no. As a general rule, you must submit your Canada Immigration Visa Application (Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) to the Canadian Immigration Visa Office responsible for the country of your citizenship or to the visa office responsible for the country you are currently residing in if you have been legally admitted to that country for at least one year.
An exception to the general rule exists in the filing of applications under the Federal Skilled Worker category of Canadian immigration. Applicants in this category must submit their initial application to the Central Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, wherever they may be physically located.

5. I have heard that Canada Immigration Regulations have changed. How will I be affected?
Canada immigration regulations, laws and policies are constantly subject to change. To remain continuously informed on changes being made by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, please visit CIC News.

6. Is there a benefit to using an attorney for immigration to Canada?
Yes, there is. Immigrating to Canada has over time become more and more complicated. There are currently more than 60 different federal and provincial immigration programs under which an applicant may qualify and it is very difficult for an individual to know which program is most suitable to their circumstances. Even though Citizenship and Immigration Canada permits you to submit a Canadian Immigration Visa Application on your own, statistically, your chances of succeeding are increased if a qualified Canadian immigration attorney represents you. Moreover, a perfected application will, in many cases, shorten the immigration process, allowing you to obtain your Canada Immigration Visa faster.

Careerflyt has been widely recognized as a reliable expert in Canadian immigration. Here are ten reasons why.

We will:
  • ·         Guide you in the selection of the Canadian immigration category that is best for you.
  • ·         Maximize your chance of submitting your completed application and supporting documents before a cap/limit is reached.
  • ·         Guide you in the assessment of your educational credentials by the appropriate organization when designated by the Government.
  • ·         Provide you with a free IELTS preparation course , if necessary, to assist you in obtaining the best result possible on the language proficiency exam.
  • ·         Guide you in the preparation of your documents so that you are awarded the maximum number of Canadian immigration points that you are entitled to.
  • ·         Provide you with the tools and resources to help you find work in Canada.
  • ·         Speed up the Canadian immigration application process by avoiding mistakes that cause delays or refusals.
  • ·         Regularly re-assess your qualifications against the more than 60 categories of Canadian immigration that lead to a permanent resident visa.
  • ·         Be your voice to Canadian immigration authorities.
  • ·         Treat you with the respect that you deserve...always.

7. How do I retain Careerflyt to represent me for Canadian Immigration purposes?

Generally, as a first step, it is recommended that you complete a free assessment form so that your Attorney may determine your eligibility to immigrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker, Quebec Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades, Canadian Experience Class, Quebec Experience Class, Provincial Nomination, Family Sponsorship or Business categories.

Canada Study Visa